I ordered several items from Charming Charlie's online store the Tuesday after Cyber Monday this year.I made sure that all of the items were in stock, none of them had the "only a few left" warnings either.

I placed the order around Tuesday 8:30pm December 2rd with standard shipping. I expected to receive an email about the order being shipped or preparing to ship by that Thursday, since standard shipping said the item would arrive within 5-7 business days. However, I did not receive a shipping confirmation email until December 9th, stating that my order would arrive by December 15th. However, as of December 14th, the order was still in transit and the delivery date was now December 17th.

What is ridiculous though is that from Illinois (original facility) to Atlanta, GA, my shipment traveled via FedEX. But Charming Charlie decided that to send it from Atlanta, GA to Athens, GA (my residence that is 60 miles way) that they were going to transfer my package from FedEX to USPS. Which, sending the shipping information would take an additional TWO days to arrive. When did 5-7 business days extend all the way to TWO SOLID WEEKS??

Especially since it took OVER A WEEK for the order to even get shipped initially!

Super disappointing, wasn't able to wear the jewelry I purchased for a Christmas party two weeks from the purchase date because it wasn't here.Never ordering online from them again, unless I'm fine with not seeing my order for a solid month.

Review about: Online Order.

I liked: Website, Products, Usability.

I didn't like: Slow order confirmation, No notifications on delayed order, Late delivery, Change shipping services.

3.3
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Improve delivery process for online orders; be able to meet the "within 5-7 business days" assumption and notify customers if that changes and makes their orders late.

Had an Experience with Charming Charlie?

Comments

You realize that 5-7 shipping days does NOT include the processing time it takes to get your order together to ship. Not to mention that if you order around the holidays things are going to take longer to get ready to ship. Also, the 5-7 shipping days are work days (weekends not included) so actually you have no room to complain you are just kinda being an ahole.

Maybe because of the holiday season they get backed up, it happens anywhere.