I ordered several items from Charming Charlie's online store the Tuesday after Cyber Monday this year.I made sure that all of the items were in stock, none of them had the "only a few left" warnings either.
I placed the order around Tuesday 8:30pm December 2rd with standard shipping. I expected to receive an email about the order being shipped or preparing to ship by that Thursday, since standard shipping said the item would arrive within 5-7 business days. However, I did not receive a shipping confirmation email until December 9th, stating that my order would arrive by December 15th. However, as of December 14th, the order was still in transit and the delivery date was now December 17th.
What is ridiculous though is that from Illinois (original facility) to Atlanta, GA, my shipment traveled via FedEX. But Charming Charlie decided that to send it from Atlanta, GA to Athens, GA (my residence that is 60 miles way) that they were going to transfer my package from FedEX to USPS. Which, sending the shipping information would take an additional TWO days to arrive. When did 5-7 business days extend all the way to TWO SOLID WEEKS??
Especially since it took OVER A WEEK for the order to even get shipped initially!
Super disappointing, wasn't able to wear the jewelry I purchased for a Christmas party two weeks from the purchase date because it wasn't here.Never ordering online from them again, unless I'm fine with not seeing my order for a solid month.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Slow order confirmation
- No notifications on delayed order
- Late delivery
- Change shipping services
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Improve delivery process for online orders; be able to meet the "within 5-7 business days" assumption and notify customers if that changes and makes their orders late.
- Product or service
- Online Order
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought my 14KW in the summer of 2012. I told the dealer I was rebuilding my house after a "Fire" and I also said I was looking for something..."
- "I'm an engineer by education and work as a technical director, so I'm naturally a researcher and like to think I'm pretty careful about anything I do. I had..."
- "Purchased a durablend leather couch and loveseat from Ashley 2 years ago it started cracking and peeling everywhere. Called the MFS protection plan said not covered normal wear and tear...."
- "I Got Ripped Off By Rudy Vigil @ West Texas Big Bullies ------------------------------------------------ />This is the orginial post from The Dirty South Bully Boards POSTED BY RUDY VIGIL at WEST..."
- "I bought over $6000 worth of potted 8 ft. nominal longleaf pine trees from TyTy Nursery. They shipped me bare-root twigs that were approx 1 inch diamter and 10-40..."
- "I have used Fronline Plus on and off for many years for multiple pets. It used to work pretty well but lately it doesn't seem to work well at all...."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."